Welcome to Inclusive Programs
Mary Brake’s Inclusive Programs facilitate
- inclusion of individuals who are otherwise marginalised and often isolated
- Improved quality of life through engagement, enjoyment and fun!
- Music-based activities where success of all participants is planned for and self-esteem is enhanced.
- A safe and secure environment that promotes confidence encouraging individuals to 'risk-take' - and thereby move forward.
Mary Brake’s Inclusive Programs provides individuals with disabilities experiences they are often denied, such as
- Active participation
- being in control
- being a leader
- choice and decision making
- Feelings of belonging to a community
Mary Brake’s Inclusive Programs is based in northern Tasmania; however programs are adopted and embedded in many schools throughout the state and also nationally. Through the recent publication of her book Your Stage, Mary Brake’s Inclusive Programs have been embraced internationally.
"Hi Mary I went to check my mail and I found your parcel!!! I was so unbelievably excited, and spent all afternoon reading it. You're brilliant! So passionate and empathetic. There are so many children out there who will benefit from your program. And not just the program but from your amazing words about the rights of children to feel like they belong and the fact that their contributions (in whatever form) should be encouraged and valued. The world is lucky to have you in it Mary Brake. I'm sure that your excitement for your work will spread to so many other professionals - your very own revolution!!"
Donna-Lee Roser –Speech Therapist. ‘08
- Especially designed program for inclusion;
- Provides opportunities for each individual to shine in their special moment;
- Based in music – providing energy, structure, and repetition [ more info ]
No upcoming events at this time.