Welcome to Inclusive Programs
Mary Brake’s Inclusive Programs facilitate
- inclusion of individuals who are otherwise marginalised and often isolated
- Improved quality of life through engagement, enjoyment and fun!
- Music-based activities where success of all participants is planned for and self-esteem is enhanced.
- A safe and secure environment that promotes confidence encouraging individuals to 'risk-take' - and thereby move forward.
Mary Brake’s Inclusive Programs provides individuals with disabilities experiences they are often denied, such as
- Active participation
- being in control
- being a leader
- choice and decision making
- Feelings of belonging to a community
Mary Brake’s Inclusive Programs is based in northern Tasmania; however programs are adopted and embedded in many schools throughout the state and also nationally. Through the recent publication of her book Your Stage, Mary Brake’s Inclusive Programs have been embraced internationally.
Being able to shine a light into the hearts of children is the most rewarding experience any person could have. These workshops have helped me to understand the importance of making children with disabilities feel like leaders. These children need to know that they are important and that their voices are heard. We all need to have fun and this workshop is rewarding for both children and adults.
Julie Rigby-Saltmarsh (T.A. Special)
- Especially designed program for inclusion;
- Provides opportunities for each individual to shine in their special moment;
- Based in music – providing energy, structure, and repetition [ more info ]
No upcoming events at this time.